Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ink Review: Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün (Old Golden Green)

I have several bottles of Rohrer and Klingner ink, and so far most of them are quite straightforward and no fuss; however, Alt-Goldgrün is a bit of a mystery.  To show the ink's shading quality, I planned to use a broader nib (Pelikan M205 Due BB to be exact), but for some reason the writing appeared feathered.  Once the ink is completely dried, it looked just fine but with bleedthrough.  Due to this discrepency, I did a bit more writing samples than usual to establish patterns.  The conclusion is that Alt-Goldgrün is a very addictive color and it grows on me more and more.

Wring sample done by Lamy Al-Star, medium nib

Writing sample done by Pelikan M205 Duo BB

Both Pelikan and Lamy on Fabriano EcoQua


You may purchase it at the following fine stationery retailers:
  • Goulet Pens ($12)
  • JetPens ($12)
Other fabulous reviews on this addictive ink:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is good, right? I take that as a hint that I can send you some ink samples without worrying too much on whether or not you will like them :p

      Delete